1. Choose language
Preparing your download…
3. Add to Kindle
Option 1: Use Send to Kindle
- Go to Amazon’s Send to Kindle page.
- Follow instructions for installing the app for your platform (PC, Mac, Android).
- Upload the downloaded dictionary file using Send to Kindle.
- Alternatively, send it to yourself by email.
- The dictionary will show up as a new book in your Kindle library. Open your Kindle and make sure it is downloaded from cloud to the device. Notice that it may takes Amazon a few (or a few more…) minutes to process the upload.
Option 2: Copy manuallyThis option only works for physical Kindle devices, but is faster.
- Connect Kindle to computer with a USB cable.
- Open Kindle’s folder and navigate to documents/dictionaries.
- Move the downloaded dictionary file to the dictionaries folder.
- Eject Kindle safely and unplug the USB cable.
Enable the dictionary
- Open any book in English in your Kindle.
- Tap and hold on a word in it so that the dictionary appears.
- The name of the current dictionary is shown in the bottom right corner of the window that appeared. Tap it.
- From the list of dictionaries, choose the one you just downloaded.
- Enjoy your new dictionary!
Frequently Asked Questions
The dictionary will be regularly updated every few months. You can download an updated version later by using the download link in your email receipt.
Please use the preview above to check if the dictionary suits your needs. That said, the real test is reading with it, so if you’re not satisfied, you can request a refund within 7 days of purchase. I only ask that you delete the dictionary and tell me where it failed you.